Air Construction Permitting - Boerne
Air Construction Permit Application
Mission Pharmacal, Boerne, Texas
GSE provided assistance in preparing and submitting an application for an air construction permit for a coater and regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO). This included running the SCREEN3 air dispersion model for the facility for determining ground-level concentrations of toxic air pollutants.
GSE's scope of work can be broken down as follows:
- Site Visit and Preliminary Engineering:
- Obtaining information from the client on equipment that may require permitting from TCEQ such as dust collectors, boilers and process equipment.
- Review of the information provided by the client on the proposed coater.
- Preparation of a preliminary engineering report and rule applicability analysis.
- Presentation of the results to the TCEQ.
- A site visit to the facility to observe the operation and determine what existing equipment required a “Permit-by-Rule”, a standard air permit or a “New Source Review” (NSR) permit.
- Preparation of Air Construction Permit Applications for the Existing Equipment and Proposed Coating Line:
- Preparation and submission of an application for an air construction permit for the coater and RTO.
- Preparation of applications for permits-by-rule for standard permits for existing equipment that was not already permitted.
- Responded to requests for additional information from TCEQ and worked with the permitting engineer during the permitting process.
- Assisted the client with the public notice process.
- Reviewed the air permit draft and negotiated permit conditions.
The client was satisfied that GSE's work was completed on time and within budget.